Tuesday 26 October 2010

To fill in the gaps...

I must apologise for the lack of posting lately, but I have been sulking (see 'Who'd have ever thought' post below for reasons why). But now I'm back, and I'm going to fill in the gaping hole I left in my poor little blog.  So what's happened since I left...

Amy Winehouse has teamed up with Fred Perry for a line (no pun intended) that she designed herself. Although bits of the collection look okay, I wouldn't buy them based on how they look on her in the ad campaigns. I do not and never wish to look like Amy Winehouse whether she is healthy or not. So this will be an avoid at all costs for me.

Next up: Stefano Gabbana apparently has no idea who Stella McCartney is! In a twitter conversation with a friend, Stefano Gabbana let slip that he doesn't know who the minimalistic designer is.  The conversation (in less than 140 characters each time) went like this;


"Fabio Viscovo - I LOVE Stella McCartney!
Stefano Gabbana - who ??????
Fabio Viscovo - ahahaha! You don’t like Stella McCartney?!
Stefano Gabbana - Who ????? The daughter of the singer ?????"


I doubt Mr Gabbana meant to make sure a public statement but if one half of D&G doesn't know who you are, your career may not be as wonderful as you thought it was.

From D&G to Gucci and an absolutely beautiful ad campaign - featuring Jennifer Lopez and her two adorable twins, Max and Emme. Shot in Malibu by Marcus Pigott, the ads show Jennifer on the beach while her twins enjoyed playtime in the sand - clad in the new Gucci children's wear range of course.  Hitting stores on 20th November, the campaign coincides with Universal Children's Day - how apt, and Gucci have even donated a million dollars to Unicef to help bring education to disadvantage children in third world countries. How lovely!


Now to Hermes and LVMH.  The world leader in luxury goods, LVMH now has a 17 percent share of it's rival high fashion house, Hermes. In a statement released, LVMH stated that their intention was to merely be a long-term shareholder and contribute to the preservation of the family and French attributes which made Hermes the luxury brand it is today.


And finally, Katy Perry and Russell Brand tied the knot this weekend at an elaborate venue in India.  We know she wore an Ellie Saab gown but which one? We wait with baited breath for the Hello! magazine. who had an exclusive deal with the couple to see who had more makeup on, Russell or Katie?  My bets are with Russell...

No comments:

Post a Comment