Sunday 13 February 2011

Welcome back...

Apologies to those who read my rambling, my blog has been left a little unattended these past few days seeing as nothing in the fashion world has really grabbed my attention.  But I'm back armed with my NYFW reports and insights.

So we begin with Prabal Gurung.  A very colourful and feminine inspired collection.  Lots of Victorian styled lace and lace up blouses mixed with somewhat vamps leather and fur.  A diverse collection inspired by the Parisian begger girl painting by John Singer Sargent and Miss Havesham's character from Great Expectations.  Quite peasant like with off the shoulder blouses and dresses and swathes of silk and chiffon.  My favourite piece was the nude coloured flower and crystal applique chiffon dress which oozed glamour.  Then there was the black tailored trousers with the most beautiful blouse I have ever seen in my life.  The most delicate ivory colour paired with an incredible ruffled chiffon collar with a black bow at the neck worn with a textured ivory jacket.  An absolutely beautiful collection that infused old school Victorian glamour with contemporary shapes and cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment